Last Saturday night Conner woke up in the night having thrown up all over in his bed, and then I dumbly brought him into our bed where he threw up all over our bed.
The next day he continued and then the diarrhea started in. But thats not the worst part. The worst part was that I then got it. I got the worst flu I have had since I was like 10. I was so sick. Ask Corey and my mom, I cried for 24 hours straight. I could not stop crying. I was so sick, I could not figure out how I was going to take care of my sick one year old while I was so sick that I could bairly move. My case of it was a little worse because I got a fever (which thankfully Conner didn't get). The fever was killing me, I ached all over and it would not budge. Conner refused to eat or drink, and was simply miserable. I bought three different flavors of pedialite and he wouldn't drink any of it. He went from drinking three 8 oz. bottles a day (along with solid food) to no solid food and about 1 oz of bottle a day. He lost tons of weight as you can imagine. Today when I was getting him dressed none of his pants would stay on him.
The story got worse tho, I started feeling better and Corey got it. I guess I should thank heaven that I got better right as Corey got sick so that I was at least able to take care of Conner and Corey.
We are all better now, but dude, the worst week ever. I spent the entire day today (other than when I was watching Conference) spraying every single item in our house with Lysol and Chlorox wipes.
Anyway now that you have heard my sob story I can honestly say that I have been baptised by fire and am a true mother now. Up all night with a sick kid for a week....thats love baby.
Conner refusing to eat-- he was so listless he just fell asleep every where.
My parents came over to try to help comfort the poor kid.
Corey came home sick from work and laid on the couch for about 24 hours straight (except for when he was barfing)






13 comments:
I'm glad your all feeling better! I do have your email so I will add you.
I hate getting the stomach flu. Its terrible. I pass out when I get it, like I can't even stand up. I don't know what I would do if I caught it right now, having 2 kids. I caught it about a year ago and luckily my mom came and picked up Stella, but when she got to our house, just walking down the stairs made me so sick, and then after she left with her, I walked half way up the stairs, and then had to lay down for 10 minutes and then I walked up the rest of the stairs, almost passed out, and then puked. Its the worst. I don't know what I would do now that I have a newborn, catching the flu would be my worst nightmare. There is no way I could nurse him or hold him, let alone take care of Stella! Wow, this is a novel.
Oh, that is so sad! How awful to have you all sick at once. I hope it all gets a lot better very soon!
Conner looked so sad. I hate when babies are sick. Hopefully he gains weight back soon. I am glad you are feeling better also.
Oh Laurie my dear, I'm soooo sorry. That is so miserable! Thus far, knock on wood, I've found that Riley only gets that once a year, so consider yourself done for this year :). Little Conner looks so sick.
I wish I could have helped out. Being sick is definitely no fun when you have to still be a mom. You can't sit in bed all day. I am glad you feel better.
You poor people! We are very aware of what this is like! Jordan tends to catch everything and passes it to me, and I pass it to Mark. I'm so glad you're feeling better! We all had the stomach flu like that over Christmas in Utah. I'm so glad I haven't had it here or I don't think I would survive (with no one to help!).
Uck. I have to say we have never had this. Hurry knock on wood! We have been sick but always one at a time. Oh man...if anyone needs a visit it sounds like you! So thankful you are feeling better and that babes is out of the woods! ;)
Oh honey! Sick weeks are the worst - I'm glad you and your fam got through it. :/
Oh boy am I ready for that, I wonder?
I~m glad you're feeling better though... I hope you got my pics...
Love youuuuuu,
Ane
Lauren--Sounds like fun at your house! You poor thing. Daniel, Makai and I have been sick too, but just with colds. I cannot imagine the flu! I'm glad things are better.
Sick babies are no fun...I am so sorry that you all got sick. What a bummer. Hopefully that is done for awhile. I think the next time you will be bumped from motherhood to sainthood :)
handsome devil! kids truly test your patience more than anything else... or so i hear!!
its time for a new post from you too!
Post a Comment