WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gratitude

I have had a rough past couple weeks...long story. But I need to stop thinking about myself so much and the things in my life which are not the way I wish they were. Because when I live my life like that anything that goes wrong turns into a crisis for me and I turn into a nut job.
I am going to start writing three things every day that I am grateful for. (at least I'll try every day, I am always chasing Conner around so my time on the computer is limited).

1. Our King Sized Bed
2. That we have a house with a yard and I won't have to be stuck in an apartment with a wild kid all Summer.
3. That Corey doesn't care that I can't/don't/won't cook.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Hi Laurie,

Sorry you've been going through a rough patch. I'm here to listen. We don't even have to think about doing or not doing our visiting teaching, we can just chat! Looks like you've got a great attitude about moving past it.

Here are three things I'm grateful for this morning:
1. Beautiful weather and sunshine
2. The two cats that make my house a full, happy place to come home to
3. Leisure time to garden, read, watch my new Jane Austen flicks, and spend time with Kevin

Suzie said...

Holy cow lady, I have totally been feeling the same way lately! We have got to get together & chat sometime! Maybe we could get sitters & meet up at Red Iguana or something for old times sake!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Hey, I'm thinkin' of you! I hope things are going better for you. That's just like you to think of things you are grateful for when times are tough. I hear ya on those three things! I love our king-sized bed as well. I am so thankful for our house. And I too am lucky to have a husband who supports my non-cooking skills. His mom is a wonderful cook, so I know how much he loves me for me and not my cooking.