I have been feeling very contemplative the last couple days. I have said before that I feel like my baby has turned into a little boy.
It is becoming more and more apparent every day that this is the case. Sometimes I hardly recognize him with these big top teeth he just got in!
He is getting such an attitude, he looks right at me to make sure I am watching as he dumps out my make up bag or as he throws his food off of the high chair. He continues to make a run for it and crawl up the stairs every single chance we turn our backs, and then he gets to the second stair and looks over to make sure we are looking and he zips up the stairs just to make us run for him.
Last night he got up the second stair before I saw him and he fell and got a huge bruise on his forehead. But yet this morning he is back to his game!
I am torn between feeling proud that my baby is growing up and becoming independent and developing as he should be, but I feel sad because I almost feel like he is trying to make me mad! I am his mom, his livelihood, the person who would die for him, the person who gets up in the night for him and rocks him when he is sad.
Why is he trying to make me mad? Why is he screaming and kicking his legs when all I am trying to do is love him and kiss him and hug him? Why does he spend all of his time trying to destroy my house when we could be reading books and snuggling?
Don't get me wrong, he still has his moments when he wants to sit with mommy and read his books and give me kisses, But I swear this week his goal in life is to do whatever he can to frustrate my life and tear my house apart.
Looking at me straight in the eye and throwing his food onto the floor...that's real nice Conner!
I am sure all of you experienced mom's who are reading this post are laughing saying, "Dugh Laurie welcome to the real world." But you are right!! I am a first time mom, and I do romanticise it sometimes.
But its only because I love my boy more than food, water, or air.
sigh.....
June Pictures
9 years ago






7 comments:
Laurie, you are a much more experienced mom than I, a mother of a seven month old. Oh boy, I can't wait for the stage you are in! Really, though, I tell Makai all the time not to get any bigger. It's kind of bittersweet because it's so fun to watch them do new things, but you never want them to grow up!
I'll tell you one thing! That little attitude and a pregnant mom do not get along well in our house! I remember that transition stage and how frustrating it was (and still is many days)! I will tell you that with Jordan he has phases where he is just a perfect little angel and then he resorts back to the attitude that drives me nuts. Sometimes both in the same day! But don't worry, with the bad comes the good too! That's what I always try and find in each stage (although I've been failing miserably in that quest lately!!!). What can you do! We love them anyway, bratty and all! That's why I am excited to start it all over again! Sigh...
Oh Laurie....sigh....I TOTALLY understand! It's like reading an entry in my journal! Wow, it's amazing what seems like ALL mom's go through at one point or another. I'd love to say that this too shall pass, but for me...it's still going on-Preston keeps testing his boundaries constantly...I hope it ends soon....good luck hon!!!!
Remember he's not mad at you. To him it's a game. He's getting your attention & that's fun for him. I think this is the stage where moms (at least me) decide that germs are ok for your kid. You get sick of giving them more & more crackers or whatever else they are throwing, so you take a look at the kitchen floor, remember that you swept it sometime in the last week & put the cracker right back up there :). You are a great mom & he loves you more than anything too!
What a very very lucky little boy to have a mom who adores him so much. He will not remember details so much when he is big, but he will remember all that love and that is what counts. Really it does. Hang in there. You are doing a perfect job.
I think you perfectly described how I have been feeling the last few days. Completely overwhelmed with how ACTIVE these kids are! I love them so much...why don't they return the favor huh?
It gets better. I have found the older my kids get the less they tear the house apart (at least the first two...) and the more they settle down. I'm sure we'll miss all the messes when they are gone huh?
I meant to comment on this one...oops!
Post a Comment