WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Con and Ken

This is Conner and his only cousin, Kennady. Its an interesting story really...I got pregnant with Conner and about three months after, Melissa got pregnant with Kennady. Only Kennady decided to come THREE MONTHS EARLY and Conner and Ken were born the same week. Kennady came way too early and she really is a miracle kid, and a tough one at that. Corey's mom put a picture of Conner in her incubator while she was in the NICU so she could see him and he could encourage her to get better.
My cousins were an enormous part of my life as a kid...my best friends really. I would say more siblings than cousins! I want so much for Conner and Kennady to have that same blessing. Melissa and I are always talking about what is going on with our kiddos and it seems like they really are kindred spirits, always going thru similar things. There is no doubt in my mind that they are going to be best of friends, and there is no doubt in my mind that they were together in heaven. (Not to get mushy or anything...kay I will stop there!)

4 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

AWESOME! I love that picture! WOW! CUTE!

brie said...

I know the song on your blog is on the Juno soundtrack, but who sings it and what is the title? I loves it!

Chad and Sara said...

I couldn't agree more! Cousins are wonderful and they are still some of my closest friends. Those two are so cute!

Teisa Linscott said...

My little girl has a cousin born in the same week too. Its fun because they can play together and stuff. Oh and I do hair at the spa. Its kinda by Costco and the new hospital in Murray.