So I am curious, what do you mothers do with your kids during the winter? Corey works long hours, and I am finding it hard to entertain Conner allllllllll day long.
I am so lucky that I have been able to get him to go the little gym nursery at the gym so I have been working out most mornings, so that has been amazing. But what else?
We read books like alllllll day long because every hour he is ready for more "stories" but as much as I love reading to him it gets old.
Any ideas of fun things to do indoors that entertain?
June Pictures
9 years ago






9 comments:
Jordan and I like to make crafts that have to do with the upcoming holiday. You can find tons of ideas on the internet. We've done turkeys where you write things you are thankful for on the feathers, and handprint turkeys and cut out native americans and pilgrims and stuff like that. I even printed out a bunch of Thanksgiving coloring pages and we have fun with that. We make them as presents for Mark or someone in the family and send it to them. That's a lot of what we do (besides reading and such). Jordan also loves helping me make things in the kitchen (rice krispy treats anyone?) and we like to make fun dress up animal masks (or indian headdresses for thanksgiving). I would search for ideas on the internet. Jordan loves it!
I would say, get him a sibling! LOL. How do you like that suggestion??? Ok, or maybe just borrow one. = ) I was lucky because I had Christopher and Corey living nearby so Nick and Bets had friends to play with all the time.
Movies, toys, snow time, and I like that sibling idea lol.
Sibling did I hear sibling, sounds good to me, actually I would take clacie and cindy to story time at the library for toddlers, check and see if you have one down there that does story time, also some ladies started a get together kids time where once a week we would take each others kids and do a learning time with them so depending on how many kids you wanted to come you probably only had to do a lesson get together once every month. If was great I did that when corey was little with the wards and ericksons it was fun.
well my and my sissy's take the kids to a lot of play-places like in mcdonald's and stuff...i go to southtowne a lot for the dino playland. there's the childrens' museum at gateway and the aquarium - it sucks though cuz that stuff is kind of expensive. but i hear ya siter - we're gonna have to get creative!
Yo Laurie! I love you girl! BTW--just having siblings doesn't always help...sometimes it can actually make it harder.Listen to your insticts...you'll know when you are ready--if ever. Go with your gut.Life gets rough sometimes. Being a mom is THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Especially with Corey working such long hours. One thing you can always do is call me and just come hang out if I'm home. Literally just hang. Sometimes it helps just being with people somewhere other than your house. Come and help me make dinner or just let Connor play with the kids. We could just read our own books or do our own email. Heck, you could even clean my house for me (J/k) ha ha.Just so you are with people outside of the thouse at least once a day is my rule.
Hee, hee, hee! Have another baby. It's called a playmate!
Soon I will be up there and your worries will be over. I like the idea of borrowing a sibling. We can borrow each others.
Post a Comment