WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

a tag QUIRKS



Heads up, my computer is still, or should I say again, in the shop. Therefore I apologize for not making comments on my fellow bloggers pages. Hopefully I will be up and running soon, but right now I am borrowing Corey's computer at night to make a few email and blog checks.

The lovely Brie sorta tagged me, well, she tagged everyone. And it looks like a goodie!

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the, rules on your blog.
3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers and link to them.
5. Leave a comment on the 6 bloggers you tagged letting them know they've been tagged.

Quirk #1
I hate hate hate hate hate new car smell. It makes me sick. I want to vomit when I smell it. I would never buy a new car just for that simple fact. I guess I could just leave the windows open in the new car for a few weeks and hope it goes away? Why people market air fresheners called 'new car smell" are out of their friggin minds.

Quirk #2
I hate hate hate hate the idea of anything underneath couch cushions. It is this weird disgusting fear I have. If I see any couch with stuff under the cushions I get completely grossed out. I vacuum under my couch cushions all the time to make sure there is NOTHING under there. Obviously the worst is food of any sort- oh my gosh I am getting sick just thinking about it.

Quirk #3
I love to take baths. I rarely take showers. I will never forget when my beloved cousin Mark told me that it was completely gross that I took baths because "I was bathing in my own bacteria." That comment certainly gave me something to ponder about.
I still don't care, unless I am in an absolute rush I take baths. LOVE EM... you should totally try it.

Quirk #4
I don't know if this is a quirk, but I clean when I am stressed. Its like my brain fades into nothingness when I am cleaning. I actually really love to clean, its just finding the time and KEEPING it clean. With such a small house and a kid and a husband its hard to keep it clean.

Quirk #5
I LOVE to fold laundry and watch a show or movie. I usually wash all my laundry on Wednesday and Thursday and keep it all in baskets ready for Thursday so I can fold it while I watch Grey's Anatomy.

Quirk #6
I cannot and will not sleep without a heating pad at night. I have been doing so every single night for as long as I can remember and honestly if I didn't have one I would not be able to sleep. There have been several times when I have traveled somewhere and have forgotten to pack my heating pad and we have had to go out and buy one before I could go to bed that night.

Bonus Quirk
I refuse to fill up my own car with gas. I make Corey do it. I can't explain it, I just hate doing it and so I go and go and go on the same tank of gas until Corey notices I am on empty and he goes and fills it for me. I have probably only filled up a tank of gas for our cars about five times since we have been together which is like 6 years. Whoa.

I tag: Brookie, Ashley, Suzie, Lindsey Pizza, Whitney, and Steph Dillier

3 comments:

brie said...

L I can't stan new car smell either - my father in-law's car smells that way, and whenever I'm driving in it I always have to stick my head out the window so I don't puke! --And totally funny about the couch cusion thing...I've never even thought about it!

Brooke said...

I LOVE THE NEW CAR SMELL! I WISH IT WAS WITH ME ALL THE TIME. I COULD NEVER GET SICK OF IT! Yeah, the gas thing is probably a little bothersome, but I'm sure one day you will get over your QUIRK!

Unknown said...

OH MY this is too funny. Love each one. I too hate new car smell, as well as the couch cushion thing. We really have WAY too much in common.