WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Awesomeness

So how cool am I? I want you to go to this web address :http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265260

Look what I got at a THRIFTSTORE, yes thats right, I put away my pride one day and went to the thrift store.


Mainly because I was bored and when I am bored I want to shop and I knew I shouldn't shop so I went to the thrift store. So can you believe I got this amazing toy for 9 dollars? Its brand new, looks like it was never even touched. Holy moly what a deal. Conner loves it.
loves it. So if you looked at the link I told you to look at, you will have noticed this toy was $70 dollars new. Um ya, 9 dollars right here!!! Anyone want to go thrift store shopping with me? Its like totally my new thing! If you can muster all the weirdos in there you can find some neat stuff.


So my grandpa came home from Mexico WEARING THIS WHEN HE WALKED IN THE DOOR. It was so funny. I of course had to try it on. Conner was nervous when he saw "papa" dressed like that and then seeing mama dressed like that freaked him out even more. But hey I am awesome right?



13 comments:

Unknown said...

man what i wouldnt have given to see grandpa walk into the house with that get up on!!! too funny!

Melissa Kunz said...

Laurie you are so funny i miss you guys to death!!!

Suzie said...

I can totally see your grandpa walking in with a huge smile on his face in that get up! So funny! Also, I'm always soo nervous going by myself to thrift stores because of weirdos....so call me & I'll go with you, that's a GREAT find!

Josh n Betsie said...

you should have taken a picture of your grandpa

JP and Steph said...

Hey! Don't leave me out. I want to keep reading your blog. stephanilynnc@aol.com

Teej and Jenn said...

YOU SUCK! I have been looking for that same exact toy for cheaper for the longest time. I can't believe you got it for 9 dollars. I will go thrift store shopping with you anytime. I am not JOKING!!

Mark and Kimmi said...

No problem! Just let me know if you come up with something.
--Kimmi

The Couple said...

i would love to go thrift store shopping!! i am all about saving $$$$.
love ya!

brie said...

i wanna go with you! i'm poor too so it'll be perfect! next week??

Unknown said...

That hat is hilar...can anyone say Easter bonnet?

Unknown said...

oh, p.s. I am a thriftstoreaholic...maybe that is what we need to do when we get together...you live by the better Savers anyway.

Brooke said...

Beautiful as always! Even in a crazy phonco (or whatever those are called)!

Aimee said...

I think we are long lost sisters ... that just found each other. Mike and I were looking at this exact toy for Tuscanee but decided not to spend the money. I was also worried that she wouldn't like it.

Um, what thrift store did you find this at? You are amazing!

I also shop when I become bored. I am still looking for a SA group. I have a shopping problem!!!