WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Friday, October 3, 2008

Thanks Conner

So if you recieved my picture text message you already know...but in case you didn't, here is my bright shiny gift from Conner. We have had a lot of fun this week thinking of different ways to explain to all the observers how I got a black eye.
Anyways what really happened was that Conner (unintentially) head butted me. Usually when he wakes up in the morning we bring him in to our bed to play and cuddle for a few minutes and some how he just threw his head back and got me right in the sweet spot. This is my first black eye and I must say every day it just keeps looking worse as the swelling goes down.
Corey looks like he is going to cry every time he looks at me because he is so afraid people will think he hurt me. Anyway, the worst of it is that we are having a big formal family dinner on Monday and there ain't no concealer good enough to hide this baby. Owell, life goes on.



7 comments:

Humanist mom said...

You know it was Corey who knocked you a good one! Jk! You need to sign up on my Suburban Heresy blog for some free makeup!

Suzie said...

Oh dear! I'm sorry. Things like that always happen at the worse times.

Stacy said...

I thought I noticed that the other day at our meeting!

April said...

Oh Laurie! I'm so sorry! I think it looks pretty good considering getting head butted, man, I'm sure that hurt!

Your family looked all so good in the Church News I saw on Saturday!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Holy Cow, Laur! Your sweet little Conner did that? How are things going? We still really need to do lunch! Sorry I'm such a flake.

sprmom said...

Okay, thats a good shiner. My boys never gave me a black eye, but I have gotten a bloody noes or two. I hate it when they throw their heads back like that

Unknown said...

Poor girl...I have been there before...pens...fingers...headbutts...the love of a child just keeps on giving.