HE WANTED TO PLAY IN THE SINK.
He started urging me to pick him up and he kept pointing at the sink, so I lifted him up in an attempt to figure out what his desperation was about, and he pointed to the sink. So I let him turn on the water and put his hands in it for a minute or two and then I put him down.
...and that's when the world ended. He cried and threw a huge fit for about ten minutes and after that I went back to him and of course his fussing shut off completely as he grabbed my hand and lead me back to the bathroom and begged me to lift him up to the sink. I probably shouldn't have but I let him do it again for a couple minutes and then he started turning on the hot water handle and I said "Okay we are done," and I put him back down and let me tell you I have NEVER seen him wail like that.
I held my ground and let him cry as I tried to busy myself around the house pretending to not notice is ridiculous show, he went on for about another twenty five minutes. Then...thank the heavens above, my dad showed up to take us somewhere and of course then life was good again for the boy.






3 comments:
i left a comment and it didn't take. URGH! Well I am sorry you had to deal with a tantrum. Sounds like you handled it well. Josiah has those ALL the time and Jadon as well. It was good talking to you last night. love ya
Good job at sticking to your guns! It's so hard, but eventually they learn....or so I've heard!
and PS, how come are grandpas always the favorite & make everything better? Both my boys think the world revolves around grandpa.
I am so glad to see that connor is finally hitting the terrible twos. Why they call them the terrible twos I don't know, because they usually start at 18 months when kids can think for themselves but can't quite form words or phrases. Therefore they get frustrated and voila, TANTRUM. You did the right thing by ignoring him though, even though it is hard. It does work and they will eventually get less and less. Try saying to him " When you are doing crying you can come talk to me and we can see if there is something else that we can play with. If he comes to you crying, take him back to his room and say,
" I don't think you're done crying yet, I'll give you a few more minutes."
Post a Comment