WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Swiss Days

I haven't posted in few days because I have been going thru what I consider a crisis. Conner isn't sleeping well and screams every time we get him near his bed. Some of you may have gotten frantic phone calls from me wondering what to do. Sorry about that...when it comes to Conner's sleep I get nuts if things get off routine. He NEVER cries when we put him to bed, so hearing him scream just tears me apart.

Moving on...here are our pictures from Swiss Days. It is Monson family tradition every Labor Day to stay at my grandparent's house in Midway and go to Swiss days (specifically for the scones.) It is the only fun thing to look forward to when Summer is ending. We have been doing this since I was a little girl, and every year it gets more and more popular and more and more CROWDED. It's almost overwhelming to go because of the crowds. It used to be our little secret but now it seems the whole state of Utah shows up.

Me and my Madre...people find it difficult to believe we aren't the same age. She is actually quite a bit older than me :)


Here I am with Conner, can you tell I was excited? I am wearing my Swiss Days shirt and did my hair like the little swiss girls do.

Here is my mom holding one of the famous, wonderful, delicious scones. I think I ate a total of FOUR of these over the weekend. Grosse huh? But I had to enjoy it since it will be a year till we get them again.

Me and my cousin Jeff. I love him.

Conner and his Daddy at the Swiss Days Parade.

5 comments:

Chad and Sara said...

I still remember going to swiss days with you. I had so much fun and loved the scones, parade and nightgames with all your cousins. I would do anything one of those scones right now!

Stacy said...

Beleive me, I know how you feel about losing sleep being a crisis! I feel like the past three years have been in crisis! I think just when Maren and Esme will be sleeping throught the night, I will be up waiting for Kelsie to come home from being out with friends. It's a good thing she has to be home early!

Natalie said...

Hey, it is also a tradition in my family to go to swiss days. I love, love, love the scones. I only had one though. I wish I could have seen you there. It was crazy busy. I went up on Saturday. My grandparents use to run a booth. Love ya,

Unknown said...

Ooo I am so sad I missed this. I was working girl city that weekend. I am uber bummed. Glad I can relive it through you. Your mama is stunning! Wow.

Brooke said...

Looks like you had fun! Your mom is so cute..I haven't seen her in a while. She does look very young. We'll have to talk about the "Connor crisis." It will get better--I promise.