WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Sunday, July 27, 2008

man, this day was horrible.

Well its eleven thirty at night and I am glad this day is almost over. This has been a pretty crappy day. I guess you could say it got off to a bad start while I was putting away laundry after church and Conner was just wandering around room to room like usual and all the sudden out of no where I hear a piercing scream. I ran and got him and found the iron on the carpet. Corey ran up stairs and picked up the iron and we scanned Conner's whole body to find out where he had been burned. We couldn't find anything...not on his fingers not anywhere. We wondered if maybe he was just scared because the iron had fallen off the ironing board. THE IRON WAS NOT ON, it was off but had been knocked off the ironing board and was turned on I guess by hitting the carpet. Obviously we will be unplugging the iron completely after each use now. But back to the story, so I did the usual thing, grabbed the Binky and his favorite blanket and rocked him in his chair trying to calm him down, then started reading to him from his books. He was soon calm and ready for his nap, no apparent harm done. He then went to sleep for two and a half hours and woke up screaming.
I ran in there and took a look at him and low and behold, a bad burn.
Conner is the toughest baby/kid I have EVER seen. I can't believe right after getting this burn he slept for two and a half hours. Burns hurt like CRAZY, we can't figure out how he was so calm.
He has been on and off really fussy all day, but for the most part he is such a trooper. It has been a hard day and I hope he feels better tomorrow.

We bandaged it up after a while to keep the solarcaine on and to keep him from rubbing it up against things (which is when he would start being bothered.)

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, my gosh! Poor baby! I know how you feel. Maren had second degree sunburns on her arms. That was three weeks ago and it is still healing. She is a far cry from tough. She cried, until my sister-in-law went to the hospital and got some burn pads and wrapped her up.

Mark and Kimmi said...

Poor Conner! I hope it doesn't scar as bad as my burn did! Good luck with tomorrow and hopefully he feels better soon.

Suzie said...

Poor little guy! Hope you feel better soon Conner!

Nick and Meg said...

Poor poor Conner...what a brave boy he is though! Wow.

Alisa said...

Conner is unbelievably tough! I can't believe it. Wow, what a fearless little guy!

Laurie said...

That does make for a bad day, I hope you're baby is feeling better! IM me if you're around..I want to know how everything is going.

Unknown said...

Look at his little foot! I got burned when I was his age...in the SAME place exactly...mine was with a curling iron. Poor little dood, what a good mom you are to take such good care of him though!