WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Friday, February 6, 2009

Nostalgia

The other day Ariane really wanted to revisit our High school (Cottonwood). We had tons of fun reminiscing about our memories there. We love our lives now, but looking back, life was so care free. However, I remember clearly that at the time, there were plenty of stresses, insecurities, and the desire to just get out of there and move up in life. I guess I fit the old saying that all of our parents tell us, enjoy it while it lasts because one day it will be gone and you will start paying bills and living in the real world and you will miss that time of your life. (At least that's what my parents told me, and as usual, they were right!)


Our AP English Class. Our fondest memories in school. We had a teacher named Ms. Harrison, she was amazing. And YESSSS we both passed our exam! And the best part...didn't have to take English in College! I think this class was a big influence on my love for books.
In front of the Colt, you can't really see it.
We found our old lockers
Conner desperate, desperate, desperate to get into the pool, of course it was locked.
Sometimes Conner comes up behind me and gives me these hugs out of no where. Ahhh the best feeling in the world.


6 comments:

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

so fun! Whish I was there!! I actually had fackrell frame the humpty painting I did for Porter's room. It was weird going there and feeling like it was just yesterday that we were students there

brie said...

Wow! Even seeing those pics totally flooded me with memories!

I loved Ms. Harrison, too. I got a 5 on the exam, and I swear all the credit goes to her. :) I invited her to my wedding and she gave me a huge book of all of Shakespeare's works combined as a wedding gift. I haven't seen her since then, though, but very occasionally we email.

Cute post!

Brooke said...

The basketball court! Tons of memories flooded back for me there! How fun...that was a good idea.

I agree with the fact that our parents are always right. Sometimes it sucks that we didn't listen better, huh?

Lizzy said...

so funny! remember our art class. loved that class with you. those pictures were fun to see. you are such a cute mom.

Unknown said...

Loved me Ms. Harrison. Is is strange to admit I am having panic attacks about being back in school? Ahhh!

Tom Monson said...

so i finally remembered to come and see what this colts pic was that you posted on facebook. very nice! i haven't been back since... since YOUR high school graduation. serious!