
Love Walked In, by Marisa De Los Santos
I gave this book five stars or an A. I am usually able to tell what I will rate a book if when it ends I feel a sense of melancholy. Sadness that the book has ended.
I wish I could feel that way more often, in fact, I am always on the hunt for that feeling, but those books are hard to find!
This book is actually the book that precedes the book I reviewed a few weeks ago, called Belong to Me. I didn't know I was reading them out of order but it didn't end up making a big difference.
The book is about a woman named Cornelia who's life collides with the life of an eleven year old girl named Claire. Something tragic has happened in Clarire's life that leaves her alone. Her increasingly unstable mother has a breakdown and disappears. Claire tries to reach out to her estranged father, but he doesn't know how to help and ends up failing her, yet again. The woman her father happens to be dating at the time (Cornelia) takes the little girl under her wing and they become kindred spirits. Claire's father leaves the picture in an unfortunate way and a handsome man named Teo from Cornelia's childhood reenters her life. He not only changes Cornelia's life, but Claire's as well. As you might expect, the mother does come back to find her daughter in the end, but in somehow as unfair and sad as it is, all the pieces fit together just as they should.
I fell in love with these characters in Belong to Me, and of course loved them even more after reading this book.
I definitely recommend this book (as well as Belong to Me) but I will tell you straight up that there are some sections that include cursing rants, they are sparse, but they are there. If you get offended don't look at me! I warned you!
These books have warmed my heart, and I love them. Two of my favorite books that I have read in a very long time.






No comments:
Post a Comment