WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentines Day 2009

I know a lot of people think Valentines Day is over-rated, but I have always loved it. When I was little I loved helping my mom make cut out heart cookies with pink frosting.
And remember how fun it was in elementary school when you make your own valentines mail box?
Corey's isn't necessarily a big V-day guy, but he loves helping me enjoy it! When Cor asked me what I would like this year I told him I could go for an ipod for the gym because it gets very cumbersome to carry around my old school cassette player. We found a good deal for the ipod at Walmart, and I was very pleased with my gift. So I can't tell you how surprised I was when Corey pulled out a little envelope for me to open. I opened it and a ring came out...he had taken my promise ring that he gave me while we were dating and had it redone! The stone had become loose and dirty and the white gold had become yelowish. I can't tell you how delighted I was...I hadn't even noticed he had taken it from my jewelry box.
We didn't do anything particularly interesting to celebrate the day, but our favorite thing to do is go to dinner and a movie, so thats just what we did! We went to dinner at Tres with my brother and his girlfriend and then went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was a great night.

Our promise ring...he gave this to me almost 7 years ago! Can you believe it?

2 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

I remember that ring and I LOVE IT! how sweet of corey

Laur said...

Thanks man! It was really difficult to get a picture of it, I don't think the picture does it justice, but its beautiful, and very special. Love ya Bets