WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Church callings


Since Corey and I use this blog as a family journal, I am just making note that Corey and I both received new church callings.
Corey has been called as a councilor in the Stake Young Men's Presidency. He is so excited and I am so proud of him.
Secondly, I was released from the Young Women's (I could hardly speak of it for about a week, I was so disappointed...but I'm okay now) and I was called to be a member of the Enrichment Committee. (I must admit when the Bishop said this I had to ask what Enrichment Committee is...) Anyway as of Sunday I am also now called to be the Primary pianist, which I am really excited about. I tried it out on Sunday and did a lot better than I thought I would do having no former notice of what songs they would be singing!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

How funny! I was called last month to be in the Enrichment Committee. We will have to share notes with each other. ;)

Suzie said...

Good luck with your new callings. Primary Pianist can be hard because they are always singing so many songs, but you're so good, you'll do great!

Marlies said...

You will love enrichment committee. I loved the association with the women I served with. I miss them. I also was very impressed with your ability on Sunday. I have played for the primary and I am always messing up, but I never noticed you even bat an eye. I am excited to have you in there with me.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the callings! Dood Enrichment is bomb...you will be perf.

Brooke said...

I jut got called to the same calling a month ago. It is really fun because supposedly there are only like four activities a year and I love to plan parties. I think it may be something I'm good at. ha ha ha. I think you'll like it. Doesn't keep you as involved like Young Womens, but you'll have a little break for a while.

sprmom said...

I wish you were my pianist, we would have so much fun. Mine actually refused to play one of my favorite christmas songs for the kids to learn because she didn't have time to practice.