Confessions of a ShopaholicBy Sophie Kinsella
Okay, so I rushed to read this book before the movie comes out next month...I can't wait to see the movie. It is about a woman named Rebecca Bloomwood who is obsessed with shopping and accrues a ton of debt because of her frivolous ways. Ya, so that's about it. Real motivational, mind stretching stuff right?
Anyways...I am disappointed to say I am only giving this book 2.5 stars.
I spent the ENTIRE BOOK waiting, pleading, begging for some romance. And guess what, it never happened. There was about four minutes of in the last chapter of the book but THATS IT.
The book would have been good had it been wrapped around some kind of romantic obsession or love triangle. But No! The entire book is composed of entirely the same situation, same dilemma, same dialogue in every chapter.
I mean, I am a girl, I love to shop, what girl doesn't? But C'MONNNNNNNN. She would get all depressed because she had "accidentally" spent too much money, and then to make herself feel better she would go buy something! Give me a break. I found myself being utterly disgusted by her habits, I mean it was just ridiculous. Like almost nauseating.
I am however still excited to go see the movie. I like the girl who is going to play Rebecca and I have a feeling it will be better than the book. We shall see. Anyone want to make a girls night out of it and go see the movie?






2 comments:
Laur,
To answer your (important) questions:
1. Don't like epidurals
2. Thought it would be as easy as my last drug free labor (WRONG!)
3. Complete insanity
4. I don't look good-what picture are you looking at?!
You are too funny, glad to keep in touch..
Karen
I'm really excited to see the movie! I'm glad (thanks to you) that I don't need to read the book. Thanks for the heads up!
Post a Comment