WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Dad

Today was a very special day for our family, my dad has been called to be the Bishop of the University of Utah 34st ward. As anyone who is close to my dad knows, his life has been changed with his calling as first councilor in the bishopric of the Westminster ward.
I know he will miss that ward and those kids deeply, and while no one will take the place of the Westminster kids in my dad's heart, I also know that with time he will grow to love the kids in his new ward just as much.
I can't express how proud I am of my dad for accepting, and being worthy of this calling. Words cannot express the way I feel about it.
To make things even better, my dad was able to call Jay Starley, a family friend, to be his second councilor. This man is pretty much the coolest person you will ever meet in your life. I just think the world of him. As my dad's first counselor he has called Mark Christiansen, someone I don't know but whom I'm sure is a good guy.
If any of my readers are, or have been the wife of a bishop I'm sure my mom would welcome your advice and hugs as she will probably be overwhelmed at this new endeavor.
Again Dad, I wish you could know how proud I am of you. Those kids are going to have the time of their lives with you as their bishop. You will love them and teach them while making them laugh all at the same time, which is just what they need.

left to right: handsome Grandpa, Jay Starley, Pigeon Bishop Man, Mark Christianson

11 comments:

Mark and Kimmi said...

One of my really good friends is in this ward and is so excited to have Tom as bishop. She introduced herself and told him she knows Mark and I really well and is happy to report that she and bishop Tom are already best friends because of it. What a happy little story!

Suzie said...

How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Go UTES!! That is wonderful. Tell him Congratulations from The Calls ok.

Chelsea and Spencer said...

That is so exciting!!! We love your dad. He will do a wonderful job.

tawny said...

Your family is awesome..it sounds like your dad is someone special. That's where you get it from ! :)

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Hey I heard the news! Someone Daniel works with told him he just became her bishop! I'm sure he will be great. Hope you guys are doing well!

holly said...

Hey lady! That is awesome..lucky students! Can I just say I loved seeing you at good old target the other day..and I love that you have your little caffeine fix!!

Marlies said...

I'm sure your mom will love the associations with the youth. I know I always loved the wives of the Bishopric in my college wards. Congrats to them.

Brooke said...

I think that is so awesome that you pay tribute to your dad like that. You are so kind and I'm sure he is too.

swmarble said...

Wonderful news! Your dad will do a GREAT job!! Tell your mom to call me if she needs support :)

Sandy

Unknown said...

Congrats to your dad...I know a good bishop makes a world of difference as a young person (and to one who is almost 30!)