The coolest thing happened this weekend. For quite a while now I have been talking to Conner about the potty and how I wanted so much to buy him an "Elmo Potty."
When he heard the words "Elmo Potty" he has been obsessed with those words every since.
Asking about Elmo Potty daily. I looked at every store and couldn't find one, so I found a great one online and ordered it.
When it finally came in the mail Corey and I were jumping around and throwing a party about the fact that the Elmo Potty had finally arrived.
We took it out of the package and rushed upstairs with him to show him how it worked. He was SOOO EXCITED.
So we put him on the potty for a few minutes and he loved it, just sat there and relaxed.
Now nothing happened but that was no surprise at all. I had absolutely NO expectations at this point. But the funny thing is, the next day, Conner came down stairs in the morning and told Corey, "Dada, Elmo Potty" and patted his bottom. I heard Corey say, "Run upstairs and tell Mommy!"
So Conner came upstairs and said "Mama, Elmo Potty." So I hurried as fast as I could to strip him down and sat him on the potty...and GUESS WHAT....HE WENT!!!!!
I screamed with joy and Corey came in and we did a little dance and rewarded him!
We are so proud of him. By no means do we think this is a sign that he will be potty trained any time soon. But its definitely cool that he is associating things and realizing things.
GO CONNER!!! You are amazing to us!
(Oh...and a speical thanks to Elmo, you have made a impressive impact on our lives these days :)






9 comments:
Laurie that is soo cool, even if he isnt potty trained yet it looks like he is on his way. Isnt it funny how things like elmo can save our lives kennady is the same way she loves elmo. love you
Laurie,
Conner is DARLING. He is honestly so cute. It was so fun talking with you tonight. I am glad we met.
By the way, I love your blog!!!
Too cute! Sam isn't anywhere near being that interested. He always just wants to play in the water in the sink.
That is great progress! Congratulations!
Laurie where did you order that Elmo potty chair Morgan would love that!!! She is in love with Elmo.
Everyday Elmo show Elmo show!!
That is the COOLEST seat EVER. YAY C-man...hopefully it catches on...stranger things have happened. And the parent potty dance is the best feeling ever.
Love it! He is really advanced to be putting those things together for his age. Blake is in the same stage, but usually goes pee and then wants to go in the potty. I won't force him, when he's ready he'll do it....at least i hope.,,,
woohoo! I hope he keeps it up. I had such an easy time with Alex and Easton, only 3 days each, we have been trying for 9 months with Lleyton. He seems to have absolutely no desire and apparently loves sitting in urine all day. I feel like I have tried every trick in the book. I did catch hiim this morning and he pooped on the potty, but pee is harder to catch him doing. I think it's his way of having mommy time with me, because he will ask for a diaper change, even when he doesn't need one. little stinker.
what an overachiever! i miss my little guy!
Post a Comment