Well...Since the weather has started warming up I started taking Conner out for a walk in the stroller in the morning after he wakes up. Well on this yucky, snowy COLD morning I wasn't even considering going out, but Conner went up to the door and started pounding on it and whining to go out. I looked at Corey with an "Oh great, now what am I going to do" expression...and Corey looked at me and said "just bundle up and take him out for a minute."
So I got on my parka and snow hat and put on Conners hat and coat and out we went. I just walked him around the circle at first, (four times) and then he got so heavy I decided to just push him around in his little tryke. We proceeded to go around the circle another 8 times at least. You might be wondering why I kept going around the circle this many times in the freezing cold when my intention was to just take him out for a few minutes. Well I am telling you, the joy on this kids face being out there in that snow and just being outside in general was irresistable.
I am so glad I bucked up and took him out because it was sorta a special experience for me.
You might not understand, but I had one of "those moments" while we were out there.
On one of the many times around the circle Conner stuck out his little fingers and all of the sudden started running them across our neighbors chain link fence as we were moving along. I was so touched at this sight, remembering my childhood and how I always used to run my fingers across chain link fences when I was walking home from school or something. I couldn't help it as tears started falling from my eyes as I thought of how innocent a child is and how I need to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the little things in life just like a child. I'm sure this is just ONE of the MANY of these kind of experiences Conner is here in my life to teach me.
Like my mom always says, "there are things you learn by being a mother that you can never learn any other way." She also says that we always learn way more from our children than they learn from us. My mom was right about that one.
( Lucky I had my camera in my pocket for this little walk!)






7 comments:
Beautiful. I'm glad I came here today...I had a similar experience with my children today. Love these moments...the ones that make us stop and appreciate life.
oh how cute. Like I wrote in my post about jadon singing. You just have to be grateful for those special little moments.
Conner is a special boy! Thanks for coming with me to Target. I would have never gotten such cute pictures without you.
How sweet! Don't ya just love those moments? It's the little things in life that make it so wonderful. It's amazing that one little guy can bring so much joy and teach you so much.
What a lovely, beautiful, perfect morning to read about. That's what motherhood is about. There are so many days that are hard and scary and frustrating, but God gives us these special moments to help us remember why being a mother is the best gift we can have. You and your little man are beautiful.
Those are wonderful pictures! And totally made me smile.
How are you doing? It has totally been like forever. When I think of you I just remember the hours of piano lessons we took.
You have such a wonderful blog and a adorable family.
Oh how beautiful. Your mom was right, and I bet I will experience that too. I loved the pics and I love how Conner's little nose is pink from the cold. He's too cute. Love ya, Ane
Post a Comment