WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Five Year Anniversary

Seven Years ago, Friday, October 4, 2002 I met Corey for the first time. I know it sounds trite, but we have sincerely been in love ever since that day. And now, as of today, we have been married for five years!
Things have not always been perfect, but we count ourselves blessed to have a very solid, fun, and loving marriage.
There is nothing that Corey would not do for me. He is the hardest working, most ambitious, charismatic man I have ever known. He also knows every single thing about me. Every. Single. Thing. And some how he loves me anyway. Thanks for being my husband honey, I'm yours forever. Love Laurie
COREY'S CORNER:
Five years of great marriage takes work for sure. I believe with no hesitation that the hardest things to accomplish in life will always make the happiest moments in life.
Marriage is one of those hard things that brings the very happiest moments. Unfortunaly, the opposite is just as true for a lot of people.
We had a great time on our anniversary date night. The food was amazing, and I have always enjoyed driving up the canyon to Park City.
As we watch TV at 1 am, I think of the words written by the best rocker of all times. "You make me feel like a kid again, you do my friend. To the end, I will love you always."
5 years of love and understanding. Not to mention the best gift ever, our boy Conner. I am ready for many more anniversaries to come, however, the thought of skipping the "diamond aniversarary" has crossed my mind, but there is no way Lauren would let me get out of that one!!!
Beyond these things, Lauren has been the largest factor of success in my life, she has been my cheerleader, my doctor when I am sick, my business partner, and many more things. Lauren has been nothing short of the best dream I have ever had. Love Corey


Kay so my hair did actually look good when the night started but we went out and I tried on some clothes and it took its toll. We went to The Roof for dinner after going up to Park City to shop for a few thing we needed. It was one of the first times we have been out shopping together without Conner in a very long time.
It was a wonderful night. Just wonderful.


Here we are, about six years ago when we were dating. Life had never been so grand!

12 comments:

Brooke said...

You two are so cute together! I love eating at The Roof. Love the infamous picture taken there! You looked darling!

Larvin and Ashley said...

You both look exactly the same. I am so glad that you had a wonderful evening. Congrats on the big five and a good luck on the many more to come. Love ya

Suzie said...

Congrats! You guys are so cute!

Mark and Kimmi said...

Wow did corey make a post!? that has got to be a first right? I can't remember if I've ever read anything by corey? well anyway congrats guys! 5 years! sorry I had to be on my mission for the big day! oh and corey you should post more!

-Mark

Josh n Betsie said...

congrats! I remember the day you were married. I miss you guys. It makes me cry reading what corey wrote. How sweet!

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

you guys haven't even aged. So not fair! Congrats. Kyle and I have made it three years so far!

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary!

tawny said...

Loooove the black and white photo!! That is a classic for sure! YOu two make the sweetest couple. You seem like such a great team! Happy Anniversary girl!

Teej and Jenn said...

You two are so cute. I can't believe the two of you started dating the same month/year that TJ and I were married. Crazy. Congrats!!

Nick and Meg said...

Ok the two pictures of you guys from 6 years ago til now looks like they were taken a day apart! Neither of you have aged at all in 6 years! how lucky! Congrats on your 5 years together! You two really are perfect for each other! Love ya!

sprmom said...

not fair that you two are still so beautiful after 6 years.

Unknown said...

What a sweet couple...here is to an eternity more!