WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ariane


I found this darling picture of my best friend Ariane today on her blog. I just loved it so much I stole it and am posting it here on my blog.
Ariane and I have been friends since highschool where we met in AP English class our Senior year. We went to college at the U of U together until she had to go back to Brazil because she could not get her VISA renewed.
We went from being together almost every single day to now having not seen each other for about five years. Thankfully we still talk nearly ever day. It's been hard to have so many important experiences of my life happen without her, graduating from college, getting married, and having a baby. But hopefully we will see each other again soon. You know you have a true friend when they drive all the way to Provo with you to watch four hours of the dumbest college raquet ball game in the entire world just because you need them to. (Ariane, you know what I am talking about...)

2 comments:

Ariane e Roger said...

Oh heck yeah I DO know! I remember you even printed the map for us to figure out how to get there. What a trip!!! You wouldn't believe how much I miss you and how much I wish we had gotten to know each other a little earlier on in my life because you were truly the best friend I made while in the US, my little blonde hair friend! Anyways, I wish some kind of miracle would happen to allow us to at least see each other again. Something HAS to happen, I just don't know WHEN it'll happen...but it has been such a long time from Zoolander, Anne of Green Gables, and that one movie that made me bawl my head off (the one with Bette Middler, is that her name???)! Ohhh... thanks for putting up my picture here! You're the best and I'll love ya forever! Ane

arah said...

It is so good to have friends like that. I have a few myself.