WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Spirit is growing on me

This evening for Family Night we went and picked out a little tree. I swore up and down that we weren't doing a tree this year because Conner would be a terror with it, but we figured that we could improvise. We decided to get a mini tree and put it up in the middle of the kitchen table. Conner was so interested in what we were doing when we started setting it up. I can't imagine how much better its going to get every year as he is more able to understand Christmas. It will just be more fun than anything else in the world!

I wrapped him up in lights, he wasn't sure what to think.

The tree is UP!!! These two boys are my life. What would I ever do without them?

Finished project. Now time to wrap...my favorite part of Christmas.
I have to thank Corey for putting me in the Christmas spirit finally. He is the only one that can do things like that for me. I am now excited for Christmas.

9 comments:

Teej and Jenn said...

Cute Tree. Where are you guys going to eat?? j/k We had a blast hanging out with you guys. Sorry we were such a bore. I promise we really are fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're finally in the Christmas mood! Kids sure love the holiday. The year we were worried about Jordan and the tree we only decorated the top part of our fake tree. He pulled the entire thing down on himself! It was really kind of funny. And he never did it again!

tawny said...

Oh yay! I love the tree! I understand about the baby thing and ornaments...we have broken at least 50 in our baby days! Your family is sooooo cute! Esp. the pic of your two, cute, men in your life! LUVS

Suzie said...

Love the tree. We have our regular tree up & I spend the day finding ornaments around the house... I had to do the good ole non breakables on bottom, breakables on top decorating job, but I figure that's just the way it has to be with kiddos.

The Johnson Family said...

Morgan has done great with our Christmas tree. She hasn't even bothered it. She likes looking at the lights. I'm glad you guys got a tree.

brie said...

what a darling idea to put the tree on the table! it's pretty hard to get me in the Christmas spirit right now too...bah humbug! ;) love you and give conner a kiss for me!

Stacy said...

Esme has been having lots of fun with our Christmas tree. We have to get one, because of the older kids. I just made sure to put lots of good plastic or wooden ornaments on the bottom of the tree!

Brooke said...

Very impressive! Looks great! Yeah, Blake already broke one of our ornaments right away. That night I put the nice ones on top and the un-breakables on bottom. I learned my lesson really quick.

Lizzy said...

that little tree is darling! having a tree really gets me in the spirit of christmas. it was good to see you the other day! and, i saw your cute mom yesterday on trax...such a cute lady!