WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ariane comes home!

It is something that I HAD totally given up on, but now, after SEVEN years of not seeing each other, my best friend from high school was able to receive a VISA and come back to Salt Lake.

After high school we went to the University of Utah together until her student VISA expired, and she was basically forced to leave the country and return to Brazil. Ever since then she has tried and tried every Christmas to receive a VISA and was always turned down. This year a miracle happened and they gave it to her. It was the neatest thing in the world to see her again. Think how cool it is when you see a returned missionary who you love return home from a mission. Well this was not two years, this was SEVEN years! Seriously amazing.
Many huge events in our life have happened while we have been apart, including marriage and children. It is a complete miracle that she was able to come back. We hadn't even met each others husbands. Corey came with me to the airport, he was so excited to see them, he even shed a tear because he said he knew how much it meant to us to see each other again.


Coming out of the terminal, Ariane and her husband Roger and their four month old daughter, Lucy.

Happy tears!
(you think I'm emotional? She is even worse!)

Ariane meeting Conner for the first time
Marveling over his blonde hair, she isn't used to seeing blondes :)
I got to meet her little girl Lucy for the first time. Conner wanted to offer her some of his drink

Anyway thanks for reading about this amazing experience I had this week. What a great Christmas present right?
Unfortunately she will have to go back to Brazil after her visit but maybe someday she will be able to move back and be with her family who live here.

7 comments:

Kelleen said...

Laurie that is awesome! I am so happy for you, and Ariane.

Humanist mom said...

Wow, that is amazing! I'm so glad you guys got to see each other again!

Anonymous said...

That's so great! Seven years is a LONG time. I'm so glad it all worked out for you both this year. I'll be rooting for her to be able to move back here someday! And she has such a beautiful name, I had never heard it before.

We are 3. said...

that is so fun that you got to see her! friends forever!

Suzie said...

Laurie, that is so awesome! Tell Corey that just because this is a great gift, doesn't mean he's off the hook!

Josh n Betsie said...

oh i just got tears in my eyes for you. I knew how much you missed her. I hope you have a great time with her

Brooke said...

That is so neat! I didn't even know about this friend. I'm glad you got to catch up....so happy for you!