by Emily Griffin
Kay, let me preface by saying THIS BOOK IS FICTION. I personally don't need any self help books at this point about "loving the one I'm with" as I am happily married.
That being said, lets move on to the review.
This book deserves 3 and a half stars. The author is enormously talented and I am now interested in finding some other things she has written, but the story was just, "ok."
I am confused as to why it was just okay, I can't decide whether it was the story that was just okay, or if it was just the honesty of the characters and the disappointing things we as humans sometimes do.
It is about a woman who's heart was broken when her first love left her. Later, through her best friend, she finds love again and marries. But, as you might guess, the old flame reappears and she is torn between lust and love.
You're typical tragic love triangle.
The book is very predictable, and I found it an easy read which I like, and the end was actually very comforting. But it took a whole novel to get to the last "comforting" chapter. So anyway, I did like it, but it was a little hard to read because I don't really like reading about infidelity.
I didn't really know what I was getting into when I picked up this story, other than the obvious title. I always refuse to read the synopsis about a book before I delve in, I like surprises, and synopses ruin it for me.
I kept finding myself wanting to scream sense into Ellen







3 comments:
Hi Laurie. I've read all of the books she's written. They are all fun chick-lit. The first two she wrote are called, "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue". They should be read in that order. She also has another one called Baby Proof. They definitely won't be the most intellectual thing you've ever read, but they are a fun escape.
Sounds interesting. I'd read it; but I don't read much, so sorry!
sorry... my internet totally went out for a few minutes...it was so good to "chat" a bit!
Post a Comment