WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Thursday, March 6, 2008

A nerve racking day

Well I did it...something I have always wanted to do...I saved up my money...and I took the plunge. I got my teeth lazer whitened.
It's called Zoom bleaching and it just so happened that my girlfriend Steph's dad is a dentist who offers this procedure.
I can't describe to you my TERROR while anticipating this experience. I made the mistake of reading all about it online and hearing horror story after horror story describing it as being "worse than labor" and causing ulcers inside the mouth and shocks called "zinggers" that were so terrible it brought you to your knees.
Turns out it was easy as a wink and it was less "painful" than even getting your teeth cleaned.
Thanks to my friend Steph for lots and lots of pep talks trying to calm me down and also a HUGE thanks to her for watching Conner for me while I had it done.Conner and Steph playing around the dentist office waiting for Mom.

So as some of you know Conner learned a new word this week. BALL. He says is so well and right on contact when we ask him to say it. He has fallen in love with balls and plays with them all the time (along with his trucks you see here.)

Here is Conner saying his other word (other than Mama and Dada) "Uh Oh"

7 comments:

Larvin and Ashley said...

That is so exciting!! You will have to post a picture of your beautiful white teeth.

brie said...

So, out of curiosity, how much was it? I've wanted to do that, but hear it's really expensive. I'm glad you got past your nerves to get it done - it's interesting in life how things are usually never as scary as we think they're going to be. ;) I miss you.

Nick and Meg said...

Oh my goodness...Congrats! I know how excited you were to get that done! How are the results??? Can't wait to see them! Conner is adorable-I really need to have him over so he and Preston can "play"-stare at each other and poke... ha ha

Josh n Betsie said...

I already thought your teeth were really white. Conner is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the whitening! It's such a nice thing to have! I had mine whitened just before we were married (and I need to get them whitened again!), but it was really painful for me! I wouldn't say it was worse than labor, but I had some serious "zingers." I'm glad it wasn't bad for you! The results were worth the pain for me though!

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

It looks like everything worked out just fine. Don't eat anything that will stain your teeth for a couple of days...

Unknown said...

I want to see a photo of your pearly whites you brave, brave girl!