I read something very interesting the other day. I need to try it out to make sure its legit, but here is the deal. A man did an experiment where he put rice and water in a jar with some holes punched into the top of the jar and left it to stew for a week or so.
What he did was write negative words all over one of the jars, hateful words, swear words, you get the drift.
On the other jar he wrote positive, peaceful words. He said he would even go and touch the "positive" jar with tenderness now and then (i know, weird huh).
So after a week the difference in the jars was striking. He said after a longer period of time this is what the jars looked like.
What the man was trying to portray in this experiment was that the more we fill our life/mind with positive words and less negativity we will be happier. The more we fill our minds with negative thoughts, the more poisoned our mind and life will be.
I don't know how true it is, but I know my dad has told me on numerous occasions it is crucial to stop focusing on worries or problems because it just makes things worse. The more you focus on them the more important the negative things become in your mind.
Like I said, I don't know if it's really true or not, but I certainly like the idea...I am going to try the experiment and see if it works, I will let you know how it goes.






4 comments:
That is so awesome. Let me know how it goes
I tried this once, but instead of writing truly naughty words on the negative jar, I wrote things like "fetch" and "flip" and "holy schnighkees."
If you do go through with this--and I hope you don't--please don't water down the experiment. And for gosh sakes, don't feed the jars fried chicken after midnight.
I may have been confusing the experiment with the Gremlins movie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlins
This is SO great, let me know if it works, I will try it out too!
Post a Comment