WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Much Anticipated...

Well the wedding went down without a hitch, it was wonderful and I can now officially say I have a new sister in law. She is the most wonderful person I have ever met and these two couldn't fit more perfectly together.
The wedding was wonderful and beautiful and perfect. Enjoy the pics!
Mr. and Mrs. Tom and Juleen Monson!













































Corey loved his corsage...

Until he was told it was my bouquet and this was his corsage.

I don't have many pics as of yet from the reception I need to get some from my mom's camera! But it was beautiful. It was an outdoor reception and we were so blessed with no rain.
Conner was impossible and we had to keep juggling him around, I don't think I would know what to do with myself if I were able to just sit and talk and relax without having "where is Conner and what trouble is he getting into" in the back of my head every second!

My Bff Ash stopped by, she and Tommy worked together for a time so they are buds.

Our best friends. Megs, me, Corey, Levi and Conner.

7 comments:

Suzie said...

Looks like a great day! That Conner is too adorable! I do know what you mean about how you can never have time to just relax, you're always worried about the crazy kids!

Megan Kyle and Porter Cross said...

beautiful pics. You made me decide to grow my hair out :)

Unknown said...

What an amazingly beautiful couple...and Tommy's sister is pretty gorgeous herself! Congrats, so good to see them SO happy!

Brooke said...

Looks like such a wonderful day! I'm so happy for Tom. Your new sister-in-law is gorgeous and you are too!

Good times!

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
When I saw Conner "touching the temple" on Friday, I was reminded of this sweet story:

Harold B. Lee, “A Birthday to Remember,” Ensign, Feb 1971, 35

A watchman employed on Temple Square gave me this note:

“One morning not so long ago I was sitting at the desk of the temple gate house reading when my attention was drawn to a knock on the door. There stood two little boys, aged about seven or eight years. As I opened the door, I noticed that they were poorly dressed and had been neither washed nor combed. They appeared as if they had left home before father or mother had awakened that morning. As I looked beyond these little fellows, I saw two infants in pushcarts. In answer to my question as to what they wanted, one of the boys pointed to his little brother in the cart and replied: ‘His name is Joe. Will you shake hands with little Joe? It is little Joe’s birthday—he is two years old today, and I want him to touch the temple so when he gets to be an old man he will remember he touched the temple when he was two years old.’

“Pointing to the other little boy in the other cart, he said this: ‘This is Mark, he’s two years old, too.’ Then, with a solemn, reverent attitude rare in children so young, he asked, ‘Now can we go over and touch the temple?’ I replied: ‘Sure you can.’ They pushed their little carts over to the temple and lifted the infants up, and placed their hands against that holy building. Then as I stood there with a lump in my throat, I heard the little boy say to his infant brother, ‘Now, Joe, you will always remember when you was two years old you touched the temple.’ They thanked me and departed for home.”

—President Harold B. Lee
First Counselor in the First Presidency

April Conference, 1957

I wanted to share this with you. I love you!

Torrie said...

You always look so cute in all your pictures, so jealous.

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Congrats to your brother! They look so happy. How are you, Laur? You look so great!