WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

HAWAII

So I'm not an impulsive person, at all. But one morning a couple weeks ago Corey and I were in bed talking and out of no where we decided to fulfill one of those "to do before we die" things on our list. Do you have one of those lists? Well we do. Now we can cross one off! We had a beautiful trip in Oahu on Waikiki beach. Breathtaking, beautiful, paradise. I'm sorta pathetic in that all I like to do is lay on the beach when I go somewhere like that, but then again its my trip and I can do what I want right?! We did however go to Waiani bay to swim with the dolphins and snorkel. Other than that we just lay on the beach and shopped. Oh and ate the most glorious and entirely too expensive food on earth. Heavenly!



On the plane on our way!
We like to make fun of people when they go to Hawaii because they throw out the hang loose sign in every picture!



When we got there we went to Ala Moana mall, apparently it's the largest outdoor mall in the world. And let me tell you its TRUE. We got so lost there on our last day we almost missed our flight! On our way to the hotel we stopped there and had lunch. Pretty much the most delicious hamburger place I have ever eaten at, in my life! I know Corey's burger looks a little scary, but those are jalapeno fries on top of it, soo good.

Neiman Marcus, I love you. Sigh.


Hawaiia decor is oh so lovely. But it wouldn't be Hawaii without it!


First evening on the beach.


Most hilarious thing, while we were there they had a "Spam Jam" festival. The streets were lined with tents cooking all kinds of spam meals. Spam tacos, Spam nachos, Spam hamburgers you name it! It was absolutely disgusting, the smell of spam cooking filled the air.
Waiting in front of Cheesecake Factory trying not to smell the spammmm!
The lobby of our hotel


Now this picture holds special significance for the Cor. If you know Corey AT ALL you know he is addicted to dip. He has to dip EVERYTHING. His favorite is to dip in BBQ sauce. Well of course he asked for some at this restaurant and the waiter brought him a sample of every kind of sauce they had.




Snorkeling spot.

Ready to dive in with the dolphins!




View from the Lanai in our room.






Duke, the famous Surfer.
Thanks for enjoying our trip photos with us!

8 comments:

Suzie said...

I was wondering why you hadn't posted for a bit, you are always so good about that! How fun for you guys... How did cute Con man do without his favorite parents, or was he with grandpa so he didn't care...

Mark and Kimmi said...

Lucky! isn't Hawaii the best place in the world! I cant believe its been a year since Kimmi and I went there. What an amazing place. Hey when we're rich lets all buy a beach house there so we can go there whenever we want!

Humanist mom said...

AAAHHHH! I want to go back! How fun!

Josh n Betsie said...

oh I MISS IT! I want to go back. It looks so beautiful. I wish I had someone to watch my kids though

Emily said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

So fun... You make me want to be young and skinny again. You guys look like models.

Lizzy said...

how fun!! i am so jealous!

swmarble said...

What a great trip! Glad you got to fulfill one of your dreams. Hope to see you in June -