WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Thursday, July 1, 2010

JULY

Today is July 1st, and therefore a tribute is necessary. For me July has always been somewhat of a holiday in and of itself!
I love July. It's the one month where you can really count on it being SUMMER the whole month.
It's the smell of sunscreen on my little boy when I smell his hair and put him into bed.
It is reading a good book by the pool and on the porch in the evening while Conner plays in the front yard. It is TEVAS, shorts, ponytails and tan lines!
The flowers are all growing and I weed and tend to them while listening to my IPOD. Don't you love hearing the sound of sprinklers in the early morning. Kids are out late playing and laughing!
AND THE POOL. Sitting by the pool every day watching Conner loving being there just as much as I do. Laughing with friends drinking COLD diet cokes as we soak up the sun. I'd rather be old and wrinkled one day and be able to say I lived it up and played in the sun! I feel sorry for those people under the umbrellas!
Oh and lets not forget the glorious smell of the barbecues (Corey cooks yummy stuff on the BBQ). AND the fireworks TWICE in one month. My vegetable garden is green and gorgeous. Tan lines, swimming lessons, snow cones.
Oh how I love JULY!



Connerisms: Cindy is watching I Love Lucy. Conner sits down with us and says, "I don't want to watch this, it's embarrassing."

1 comment:

Ariane e Roger said...

I love this Connerism...hahahaha! Hey, post the new pics so I can comment... I need to get back to my blog...but it's hard...I feel like doing it in portuguese, but then how will you understand!?! :-)