Oh my word this has to be the best Summer EVER. I'm pretty sure life doesn't get much better than this. Here are some pictures of our Summer so far.
Here is Conner with his cousins (well technically they are MY cousins) Paul and Sally. Their Springer Spaniel, Maggie had puppies not to long ago and Conner and I decided to take a field trip to Provo to see them and spend the day with them. We also went swimming and got some lunch. It was such a fun time.
Paul is somewhat of a child prodigy tennis player. We try to go to his matches when they are in Salt Lake. Here are Conner and Paul after Paul won a looong and difficult match. We are so proud of him.
Corey thought it would be so fun to take Conner to The Gateway and let him play in the fountains. It was indeed soooo fun. We need to do that again before the end of Summer.
OF COURSE. Here we are sitting on the floor waiting in line.

Jace, Mylee and Conner at Murray Pool.

We had such a treat, Cindy, Corey's little sister came to stay with us for a few days from because there was a Kunz family reunion going on here in Salt Lake. It was pure delight to have her here, she came bearing gifts from Spokane, the favorite of which was this Buzz Light Year pajama outfit. We have currently hidden it away because he is so obsessed with it that he won't wear ANYTHING else. Not only that but when he wears it you have to watch him like hawk otherwise he is likely to jump off something attempting to fly, "To Infinity, and BEYOND." (Oh and I'm not exaggerating, he literally will fly off stuff. He jumped off our stair case from five stairs up and hit so hard I thought he broke his leg.)
Me and Ash at the poooool.
Cindy taking care of Conner. Such a good Aunt.
First night of the family reunion. Christopher, Cindy, and Corey. I love this picture.
Corey looks like he has pink eye but he doesn't I promise.
Conner had somewhat of a crush on Jessie. He was her shadow during the reunion. (Jessie is Corey's cousin.)

A fabulous idea. Making rockets for the kids to blast off. The kids filled their bottle with water and this guy, I am sorry I don't know his name...embarassing...preasurized it with an air compressor and after you pulled the rope it flew. VERY cool.
Gold Fish Racing.

Here we are on the 4th of July. We went to dinner and then to the Sugarhouse Park fireworks with Ashley and her family. Here you see Corey and Conner, Parker and Jace and Larvin and Mylee.
Larvin, Mylee, Dad Gary, Kami, Parker, Jace, Mama Cheryl, Me Conner, Corey and Cindy. I think Ash must have been taking the picture.
Mylee, Ash, Kami, Parker, Cindy, Me
While some of Corey's extended family was still in town we did fire works with them.
Conner has started swimming lessons at the Sports Mall and he is pretty much the raddest swimmer EVER. He is three and already full on SWIMS! I still instinctively plug my nose with my fingers when I go under water, and some how he just knows how to hold his breath. The swim teacher said to him "You're Crazy!" I thought, "you have that right!" She is the best teacher ever, he just adores her. These swim lessons have been worth every cent, best decision I have ever made for him.
Conner and Jace are in a little t-ball class. The truth is, any kind of organized sport is 99% ridiculous for a bunch of three year olds, BUT so what, its fun! They run around the field like chickens with their heads cut off but maybe they will get something out of it by the end. If nothing else it gives us another reason to cheer for our sons and that's worth it!
Batting is Conner's favorite part.

Juleen organized a surprise birthday party for Tommy. It turned out so fun.

Conner hiding in Juleen and Tommy's drier.

Do you like my stunner eye? Note to self, glitter eye shadow might not look flattering in photos.


So we were all waiting for Tommy to arrive so we could surprise him...we heard the garage door opening and we all got in our place. I then said, where is Conner? Then someone in the back said, Where are the balloons? Then from down stairs we all hear my mom say, "OH NO!" We look out the window and Conner is clear down the street about five houses running in the middle of the road with a balloon bouquet. Meanwhile the surprise is slightly ruined because Tommy walked into their house from the garage and saw the front door open and thought their was a burglar inside until he saw my mom outside chasing Conner. OH MY WORD this child keeps us on our toes. It's hard to get mad at him because he never really means to do anything wrong. He even told us he was thinking about the movie "UP" when he was running with the balloons. I have to smile and shake my head just thinking of it. None the less Tommy seemed surprised when he walked all the way upstairs and saw all his family and friends. It was a fun party.

Jace, Mylee and Conner at Murray Pool.
Conner hiding in Juleen and Tommy's drier.
At the lake, our new favorite Saturday activity.
~my kind of heaven~



The Free Spirit. Oh how we adore him.

Connerisms: Got home from the Bee's game and Conner wanted his chocolate milk and toast. He kept saying, "Mom, I want my chocolate milk!" I took some to him and five minutes later, "Mom, I want my chocolate milk." I said, "I already got it for you its on the table." He then says, "No...it isn't!" Then we hear Corey, "Conner I am sooo sorry I thought that was old chocolate milk and I put it in the sink. I am soo sorry buddy." SILENCE.
Then, in a mature voice we hear, "Well"...pause..."I think you learned your lesson for today."
COREY AND I LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND LAUGED FOR AN HOUR. IT WAS THE MOST HILARIOUS THING EVER. He said it with all the intonations of a parent scolding their child. Oh he is just the greatest.






3 comments:
How fun! What lake do you guys go to? That looks like so much fun... maybe next summer when I'm not 9 months pregnant, I will be a fun mom like you!
I agree best summer EVER!!!
Oh sounds like it is a great summer, I'm happy for you. I adore Conner I can just imagine him doing the things you're talking about...what a boy...love him to pieces... how could I not when I love his mom too? I need to email you I have news...(no I'm not pregors...) hahahaha
Love,Ane
Post a Comment