My friend Ariane moved to Canada a couple months ago, and had a new baby while there. At the very last minute they got approval for their little boy (Sam) to get a passport, so they immediately came to Salt Lake to have him blessed. While they were here we did a few things, and I loved holding the baby and watching Conner and Lucy play together.
Conner was so sweet and held Sam and said, "It's okay little baby, it's okay." I racked my brain and I think this is the very first time Conner has ever held a baby. It was really sweet, and I could tell he felt very special to be able to do it.
1. Conner has been growing up so fast lately. Saying all kinds of interesting, amazing, funny, and darling things.
A couple of days ago I got a bath ready for him and put him in and he looks at me and says, "Mom, I am proud of you."
I was taken aback! I said, "You're proud of me? That's so sweet, why are you proud of me?"
Conner then says, "Because you love me."
It was so hilarious and so sweet and genuine at the same time.
2. He has had a little cold and has had trouble sleeping, he woke up in the middle of the night crying his eyes out pleading for "cold water." His throat must have been very dry from coughing so we rushed him down stairs and got him some ice water and motrin. He started to calm down and I put him back into bed and as I was closing his door he says, "Mom wait!" I looked back in at him and he says in the sweetest voice, "I love you Mommy."
3. Three times this week I have come down stairs and found that Conner has climbed on top of the water and drier and poured dry laundry soap in the dispenser. So much that it was overflowing onto the top of the washer. THREE TIMES. I tried scooping it out and vacuuming it out. NOT COOL CONNER. I told him if he does it again he is in BIG TIME TIME-OUT.
4. Conner has decided that he HATES, and when I say HATE I am talking FREAKING HATES nursery. Like claws at your legs so you won't put him down, screaming, running out of the room crying down the hall looking for me or Corey. It is breaking our hearts because we really want him to enjoy church and since I play the piano in Primary and Corey is the 1st counselor in the Young Mens we cannot go and sit with him in there.
We have tried everything, but have yet to find a solution.
On that same token he hates going to the gym with me now. He used to LOVE going to the gym with me, I would work out for an hour and a half and he would play on the slides and stuff in the kids area and we LOVED it. Now...same thing. Clinging to my legs, jumping over the gate as if its quick sand to even step foot in there.
I have absolutely NO idea why he is acting this way. I guess he just doesn't want to go anymore. We are currently working on solutions for this one aswell.
And, No, nothing traumatic has happened to him and there aren't any bullies at either place. The only thing he says about it is, "There are too many people there."
Which is funny because he is so out going and never gets shy. But indeed the day that this became a problem there were a lot of kids at the kids care place at the gym and he is used to there only being a few and it did seem to overwhelm him when he saw how many people were there that day. From what I understand Corey refused to go to nursery as a kid aswell, and he isn't shy AT ALL. I guess like most things he is following in his dad's footsteps. (Which is fine by me, but I do wish he would go to nursery and the gym...owell life goes on.)






No comments:
Post a Comment