WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Saturday, December 26, 2009

favorite things 2009


I haven't even posted my Christmas pictures yet, but since it is New Years today I wanted to do a post which I have done in the past about my favorite things of the year (yes, just call me Oprah). Enjoy!

#1. Bare Minerals. Kay so I didn't want to do it, but one day I just had to bite the bullet and bought the stuff. I was having a season of break outs and totally freaked out, and had heard that this make up was your best bet for breakouts. And guess what, it totally is. When I switch back and go for a liquid foundation I always get at least a couple zits.


#2 Memory foam pillow top mattress. Oh. My. Word. I have slept better every night since we got it. It is all I wanted for Christmas from my parents. GET ONE.
#3. Best song of the year. "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus

#4. So my flat iron broke. Total devastation seeing as I spent a grundle on it. But...after a TON of research, I'm talking weeks, I decided on splurging and getting the GHD. It was very pricey, I'm not even going to mention it because its really not appropriate to spend that much money on a hair product. But it was one of the best purchases ever. It heats up fully in ten seconds, and when I say ten seconds I mean TEN SECONDS. No joke. And it flattens like a dream. It is worth the price.

#5. So I am a total devourer of renting TV series from Blockbuster because I can watch them while I clean the kitchen and I can go right through them instead of waiting a whole week to see the next one. Well out of all the ones I have seen I have decided that the best one is LOST. I am totally 100% addicted. Luckily my brother has all seasons so I don't have to spend all the dough renting them. Its a total shock because I initially hated the idea of the show, it sounded so boring to me and it has hardly any romance in it (I have to have love scenes in my shows people!) but man alive is this show to die for or what. I am on season 3 right now so don't you dare ruin anything for me if you have already seen all the seasons.


#6. Best Mascara, Lancome Hypnose. Now lemme' tell ya, I am a makeup conesure, and I have tried many mascaras in my day. Even the big famous one right now called Dior Show by Dior, and I keep coming back to my Lancome Hypnose. Its the best. BEST.



#7. Best reality show, "So you think you can Dance", and "Community."



#8. Shampoo Cup for kids. Conner HATES me pouring water over his head to get the shampoo out. But really, there is no other way, and I saw these shampoo cups at the stores in the past but totally thought they were a waste of money but I finally tried it out. LOVES IT! Get one!



#9. My picks for best books I read this year. (NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)
-Notes Left Behind
-Love walked in
-Belong to me (SEQUEL TO LOVE WALKED IN)
-The Forgotten garden
-Jane Eyre







#5. Best Movies I have seen this year (unfortunately I haven't seen a couple of the incredible ones that came out recently which I most likely would include in here...I'll add them once I See them, that is if they make the list!)
-"New Moon" (ya you might either fully agree or fully disagree but I loves me my Twilight and I'm not ashamed to admit it. And on a side note I adore Jacob and Edward equally...sigh.)
-The Proposal (laughed my butt off, partially because I was with my funny friend but still it was hilarious.)
- And I think this came out in the end of 2008, but "Slum Dog Millionaire."
-And this may have come out at the end of 2008 as well, but "Gran Torino." This was a Clint Eastwood film and I pretty much think Clint Eastwood is the best actor in the world, and I have to say this movie was magnificent and is on my top ten movies of all time. It is rated R unfortunately. Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought better than that but whatevs. (NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)
-"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
-"Julia and Julia"





Well that's it for now folks. If I think of more I will add it to this post. Here's hoping 2010 is even better than 2009.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks for the sweet comment. I am feeling a hundred times better. My losing weight resolution is on the back burner for a few weeks, but I can cough now without severe pain. I really don't know how people do c-sections and take care of a brand new baby on top. I miss you and the c man. Are you adjusting to your knew ward? I would love for you to stop by or I would love to come and see the new house in person.
We are waiting for results on the mass, but the doctor seems not worried at all so I have not been either.
I really need a new flat iron, but I am a penny pincher and hate to spend on myself. I run down stairs and borrow Kelsie's, you will have to send me your research so I can find a reasonably good one. Miss you all.
s

The Cotton's said...

I love it! I love that you made a list. I am especially interested in the books you read I have been wanting to read some good ones (including Jane Eyre) AND I know we both love the romance so I trust your opinion! Thanks!!! Love ya!