I want to attempt to make this post positive, because things have turned out well!
But... I cannot lie, this has been one of the most trying times of my life. I put it up there with the Top Five hard things I have ever gone through.
1. You have to sell your house, it has to be clean all the time...and then there is the waiting.
2. You have to get the person buying your home to qualify for their financing, not easy to do right now.
3. You have to get your own financing for the home you want to buy.
4. You have to hope that the person who's home you are buying can get THEIR financing for their new home.
-basically what I am trying to say is DON'T EVER BUY A HOUSE. No just kidding, but I am actually sorta serious. It has been so hard.
BUT, we made it.
There were so many obstacles along the way, not to mention some disappointments.
-Dave Matthews cancelled the concert, total devastation right there, we were so looking forward to a break from all the chaos.
-I lost my wedding ring (later to be found in a mysterious place a month later, and after we had already gotten started the process of getting a new one since we had insurance on it.)
-We had to close on the new home THREE TIMES in one day due to a broken printer, then too light of copies, and then an error. Because of being called back into the title company three times in a day we missed our deadline and had to wait several extra days to move in, costing me to live in the same pair of underwear for five days because we couldn't find anything in our Uhaul (I did wash the underwear every day don't worry) not to mention having to pay for the Uhaul for all the extra days.
-Conner is teething again...big surprise. Two year molars this time, I believe after these are in we are done with the teething thing. Man teething seems to haunt my life.
-and so on and so on, I could go on for an hour...
BUT...Like I said. WE MADE IT. WE DID IT. "We did it for ourselves!" as John Mayer says before one of his songs in his live concert album. I know that these trials will have made us stronger and we will appreciate what we have more because it has been hard. The things of most worth in life are always the hardest to achieve/receive. Don't you find that to be true in your life? We sure do.
Anyways for those of you who know Salt Lake, we have moved to Southwood, in Murray, about a mile or two away from where we were living. It's in a fabulous neighborhood across from Wheeler Farm.
The home is a lot like our previous one ironically enough. Just larger, in a better neighborhood, and with a garage...oh a garage...what joy that sentence brings to me.
We are hoping with some TLC this house will be even more amazing in time. But its pretty dang nice as it is!
I need to say a huge thank you to all of you who have been there for me during this rough time and all of you who prayed for us and all of you who helped us move our things.
I can't express how much it has meant to us to have your help.
Now I am just trying to get things unpacked...man what a task. But its kinda fun at the same time. Altho not easy with a toddler.
I'm so mad because none of the doors in the house have round door knobs so I can't put those child proof handle covers on them...I might have to remedy that. But getting all new door knobs sounds really overwhelming. We shall see.
Well...the moment we have all been waiting for...
Old house







7 comments:
it looks awesome now we really need to come visit. love ya
How fun! I'm so glad it's all worked out for you guys! Not without a few hitches, but it's out of the way now!
Wow, congratulations guys!!! I had no idea you were moving! I'd be more than happy to watch conner for a while so you can be toddler free to unpack or just rest! :) Let me know! Can't wait to see the new house. Looks great!
congratulations!! you are so close to where we live. lets get together!
I'm so happy for you and Corey!! I know how stressful moving is. And purchasing. We have gone through it twice and next to having a child, I don't know anything that is quite that stressful! I'm so glad it worked for you guys! You needed a start away from that neighborhood. Boo too your old neighbors. Hello new ones!
PS...glad you washed your underwear those five days..I was actually wondering! ha ha ha :)
Wahoo!!!! That is so awesome that you are in! When you were saying it is pretty much the same house just bigger I thought you were kidding. But the outsides look so much alike almost identical except for the garage! Go garages! Well let me know if you need any help, seriously.
What the heck, you moved! I didn't even get to say goodbye. You know what this means, I am just going to have to come over and visit. I am soo glad you guys are finally off that circle, I have to admit I hated it soo bad, and felt bad leaving you two there. Funny how life has a way of working itself out. I hope you love ypour new place, and Jake says if you need any apinting done to call.
Post a Comment