WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Thursday, January 24, 2008

BOOK REVIEW #2


I must say that I give Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer an A. I loved it. I have spoken to many people who have read it and it seems to be a Love it or Hate it book. Most people who hate it are more sophisticated than me, and so I guess it's just too romantic and unrealistic but I have to say I absolutely LOVED it. I am kind of a sucker for old fashion romance where the man protects his the helpless woman from all the evil in the world.
Loved Loved Loved it. Couldn't put it down, can't wait to read the next one. I'm on the forever waiting list at the library!
I really felt like I was back in high school realizing the new world of dating and falling in love; wondering if the one you like likes you, walking thru the halls hoping to see a certain someone, going weak in the knees at a first kiss. Stephanie Meyer did such an amazing job describing those feelings and emotions of first love.

4 comments:

brie said...

I loved it too. :) I didn't think the writing was the best I'd ever read, but I loved the plot and character development, which more than made up for it.

...Laur I'm so sorry about having to cancel AGAIN. But I'm good to go now...I have migraine meds, etc, so I should be on the upswing of things. Wanna perhaps go Monday morning? What do you think? Email me!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie, we do think alike. I have been in a quandry because I have heard so much negative about these books and I am in the middle of the second one and really love it. I know you like to listen to them on tape, but I could loan the books to you if you want. I got them for Christmas. I think I will read them again later. I really like em. Thanks!

Unknown said...

You know, it took me 3/4 of the way through book 2 before I loved the entire series. I love it too, and can't wait till Fall to read the next! Glad you liked it too, from one old fashioned girl to another!

Anonymous said...

I told you that you would like it! I read all three in about 5 days time period (although I was flat out on the couch with morning sickness the whole time). I love them all! I'm glad you decided to read them!