WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 2010


I haven't posted much lately. Life is just so hectic. I want to however keep up with my blog for personal reasons! Corey arranged for my blog to be made into books and gave it to me for Christmas. We both cried. It was so precious to see all of our memories as we flipped through the pages, from Conner's birth to now!
Next Christmas he will get me another volume and I need to make sure to fill it with all the things that I want to preserve about our little family. These books are safety deposit box worthy!!!! At least to us :)


Conner is in the process of getting his LAST TOOTH. HIS BOTTOM TWO YEAR MOLAR. The others have all come thru and this is the LAST ONE. I am actually toying around with the idea of having a party in celebration once it pops thru since this will be such a huge time of gladness! Conner getting teeth has been sheer misery. I hear some parents look in their kids mouths and say, "wow, you got a tooth!" Then there is me, going thru torture waiting two months for one tooth to finally come thru and relieve him. He literally becomes a different person when he is getting a tooth. Then when it comes thru our delightful Conner is back. He woke up four times last night. As you can imagine I'm not such a happy camper right now.
So basically what I am trying to say is that life right now is kinda sucky. But we always get thru it, as I am sure we will this time.

So...while we are on the subject of teeth...remember on our Christmas post when I showed a picture of Conner's scraped up face from sledding on Christmas Eve? Well guess what...

HE BROKE THE ROOT OF HIS FRONT TOOTH. My beautiful son now has a grey tooth. I am afraid parents will think I, like don't brush my kids teeth or something, or that perhaps I let him suck on a bottle all night or something!
Owell. At least it is his baby tooth and the truth is, this is not going to be the last time something like this happens. This kid is wild, and I expect a lot of bumps and bruises.

A reminder of the unfortunate incident!

The unfortunate result

Conner asks to take a bath three times a day because he has learned how to swim under water across the tub. It's drying out his skin BAD. So I've had to say no and it makes him so sad. Its pretty funny. I got him these goggles but they bug him so he doesn't use them! I am so impressed, there is no way in the world I would be able to hold my breath under the water at the age of 2 1/2. He amazes me every day. I counted yesterday and he can hold his breath under water for 10 whole seconds!


I am happy to announce Conner is POTTY TRAINED. Halleulia! One difficult milestone accomplished. Go Conner!
I still haven't had the guts to let him sleep in underwear, so we will still have to work towards that, but for the most part we are there!!! YIPEE.

Con's potty chart.



Moving on, one of my very dearest friends moved...again...
Ariane and I met in High School, became best friends in AP English, and from Senior year of Highschool through freshman year of college we were inseparable. Without going into a lot of weepy details, she has been a wonderful friend whom I have been thru a lot with. You know, graduation, boys, falling in love, falling out of love, heart breaks and heart aches, driving around in the car singing at the tops of our lungs, laying out all Summer long, and going to all the Walgreens in town looking at make up- just for fun! haha :)
Anyways, she moved after our freshman year of college to go back to Brazil and we didn't see each other again till last Christmas, about 8 years later (due to immigration issues). She has been here in Salt Lake for a little over a year, and altho we certainly didn't spend enough time together it was wonderful to have her here. Now she has left to move to Canada, again due to immigration issues. At least this time she will be able to come back to Salt Lake to visit when she can, and perhaps sometime I can even go visit her! (It would at least be a lot easier than me going to Brazil.)





Posted by Picasa



Well, other than all that we are just hanging out, totally and completely desperate for Summer. Every day I think about sitting at Murray pool basking in the sun, eating snacks and talking with girlfriends.

Why I don't move to somewhere much warmer than Utah I don't know...
xoxo

4 comments:

Suzie said...

Shoot girl, you already potty trained him, you're so good! I am trying to get the patience up for that. Glad you updated, it's nice to get caught up with you.

Sarah said...

Don't worry about the 'grey' tooth. Clara knocked out her front bottom tooth when she was just 18 months old. I was traumatized.....but I quicly got over it. Her toothless grin was adorable and now, 5 years later, the permenant tooth has just started growing in! Congrats on finishing potty training - isn't it just fabulous!?

Laur said...

oh wow sarah, a comment! I feel sooo lucky!
And keep them coming. (and yes clara's missing tooth was always adorable. gray,brown, and green teeth not so much)
HOWEVER, it has gotten white again, and my dentist said this is because the blood supply wasn't fully cut off when he fell so hooooray.

The Cotton's said...

I LOVE that picture of Conner in the bath it is so dang cute!