WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY JOURNAL

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Fourth of July SpokaneTrip

What do you call it when you:

1. Get pulled over and lined up in a caravan of three cars (yours, your husbands, and the cop), and you and your husband BOTH get speeding tickets.

2. Pull over in Opal Idaho to go to the bathroom and having a crazy white ninja guy pull out his goods in front of you. (I hear this is called exhibitionism?)

3. Slow down in the night on a one lane road to find a car spun out with smoke rising from it to find five old Japanese ladies in the car trying to explain that they had not hit A BEAR. No, not a deer, A BEAR.

4. Get pulled over yet another time... And this time the other car on this road trip (aka boys car) speeds off while you are being questioned by the cop. I swore up and down that I would not speak to any of them the rest of the night.
Come to find out they sped off to HIDE from the cop like little girls so we wouldn't get two tickets again. While hiding (like little girls) Corey is supposedly fuming and calls Idaho dispatch and tells the woman about how he had a radar detector (*brilliant*) and he knows for a fact that I wasn't speeding because we were following right behind them and when the cop tagged our cars we were going the speed limit.
The dispatch lady asked him where he was and he replies "I'm not telling you where we are all I want to know is if this is considered making a complaint, am I making a complaint?" She says yes and he says "Okay that's all I wanted" and hangs up.
Well...we can all thank Corey that the cop who so graciously let me go without a ticket tailgated us the entire rest of the way into Washington. The cop and the dispatch lady must be real good friends.

5. Being pulled over yet again, and asked "You guys been drinkin?" Um...is this a trick question? Come to find out we were driving too close for comfort to the cop (apparently there is a law in Spokane about driving in a lane next to a cop.) WHATEVERRRRRRR



-Well you would call it a drive to good old Spokane, or Spo-Compton as we like to call it.-
Yes indeed it was an eventful road trip up to ol' Spookaloo but we made it there eventually. We drove two cars and my friend Megan and I were in one with Conner and the Corey was in the other with Christopher and our friend Levi.

Did I mention that it was only me and Megan who were given the show by the "Opal Idaho Ninja?" The boys drove off and as soon as the disgusting ninja saw the boys were gone he was glad to show us what he had!

Here come the pics:

Megan watching as the boys go inspect the Japanese bear hitting old women to make sure there are no casualties.

Corey's childhood best friends. Cameron, Corey, and Dusty.

Oh if you only knew the trouble these guys got into when they were younger! (You might be able to imagine...)

The "L" word...

So unbenounced to me, Mike, Claci's husband got a motorcycle. Um...can you say trouble? If you are a Monson you know that under no circumstances are you allowed to have a motorcycle.
-consider yourself disinherited if you do-

Well of course when Corey saw it he hopped right on it and zoomed away. He went about 70 miles an hour out of the drive way just to get all of us freaked out, especially me and Mike!

Oh man, Corey and I are our happiest on a boat on the lake in the Summer. Corey's friend Cameron (as seen in an earlier photo above) has a lake house on Coeur D'alene and we went out on the boat for the afternoon. Glorious, Heavenly, Perfect.


Conner was able to take the reigns for a bit while we were out in the middle of the lake. I can't express in words what this meant to him. He took to this task with such determination! You could tell he genuinely felt like he was in charge of taking us where we needed to go!

Do you know anything about me? Well if you do, you know my biggest fear/avoidance is COLD WATER. I don't care if you think I am a poor sport or if you offer me large sums of money (depends how large) you can NOT get me into cold water. Well look who pretty much jumped into the cold lake water before we even had the chance to offer it! One point for the "daddy's boy team."



Corey, Con, and Megs




Conner and the beautiful Kennady. What a trooper this little girl is. She had surgery on her leg a couple weeks ago and man, it was a big surgery. Look at how well she is handling it, this picture was a week and a half after the surgery. She had a part of her leg removed and replaced with two rods to help her leg grow straight. It already looks amazing according to the x-rays. We love our little Kennady. Look at her trying to keep up with her little cousin Conner.

Conner and Papa Kunz have a special relationship which revolves around Papa Kunz taking him around on the lawn mower.

We had a couple fire evenings roasting marshmellows in Corey's parents back yard. I attempted to get everyone to play my favorite game, telephone. You know, that old game where you whisper in each others ears in a big group and the starting sentence ends up all jumbled up at the end. Man I love that game...why oh why does no one ever want to play?



Breakfast at IHOP. You clearly understand what is going on here.

Oh...Conner and his Nana Sylvia. He sure loves her.

Conner and Papa Kunz.

Shopping!

Dinner at Saw Tooth Grill has become a bit of a tradition. No better burgers in the world as far as I'm concerned, well, other than in Oahu.





Well...this is a fun picture. A bit of a silly situation. Conner all of the sudden decided he was in a desperate situation and practically leaped out of his chair into my arms and as I was trying to catch him he clung so hard to my neck that I lost my balance and fell off my chair into the isle of the restaurant. I was laughing so everyone else decided it was okay to laugh, (which is totally fine I am accustomed to people laughing at my expense!) The cute part of it is that Conner was so concerned about me he kept repeating "mommy okay?" "Mommy okay?" over and over. I kept reassuring him I was okay but he wouldn't take his head off my shoulder. It was kinda precious actually.


Nana Sylvia with her two beautiful Grandchildren. She brought them lots of fun things to play with at the fire works display.

Wolf Pack

Okay, so the ride to Spokane went oh so smoothly as far as Conner goes. But of course opposition in all things...he got horribly car sick on the way home to Salt Lake and even threw up. Oh man what a horrible drive it was. I had packed some surprise toys for him for emergency purposes for the drive and I pulled out a little tool set and he loved it. As you can see we let him sit in the car without his car seat for a bit. He loved it and it seemed to help. Totally unsafe and inviting even more attention from the cops but luckily we avoided that.


It was a good trip but I think I might not be interested in driving again for a long time. Flights are so expensive but man, that drive is a killer.

5 comments:

We are 3. said...

What a trip!! Who knew there were so many cops out on the road to get you guys...twice.

I'm glad you were able to sweet talk your way out of a second ticket! point for laurie

Suzie said...

Oh my goodness! What a trip! Glad your time there was enjoyable because sounds like the drive wasn't!

The Cotton's said...

I can't believe that trip! People are crazy!
We had SO much fun with you guys too! I really had a great time! Chris and I were saying that we needed to hang out more often, like all the time, because we both just love you guys. And Conner is so cute! He is welcome any time! But we should plan something again and maybe at your house and we can bring that chicken! And I can't get over how funny that is that Conner just loves to say Chris Cotton! LOL
And you know what? I was afraid I would be intimidated by you because you are so beautiful! I am so glad we got along so well. So talk to Corey and I will talk to Chris and we will plan another night to do something!

Brooke said...

So much going on! Wow...you guys are out of control!

I have to say how jealous I am that you got to go on that boat and play in the water and let Conner float in his life jacket. That was darlin'

Josh n Betsie said...

that is great..i loved reading the cop stories. I can totally see the guys driving off like weinies. Poor throwing up in the car. That isn't FUN at all.Miss you