So it has been really difficult for me to find the time and energy to sit down and record what has happened in our little family during the past few weeks but I realize now I just do not have it in me to to write it all down so I will instead do a quick summary. The good news is that Corey and I are the proud parents of a baby girl! Her name is Katelyn Frances Kunz. She was born May 10th, 2011 at the IMC hospital...she weighed 5 lbs. 12 oz. and was 19 inches long.
Due to complications she was taken by c-section at 35 weeks, but we have a really hard time believing she was that early...she is so alert and healthy.
I aquired an uncommon condition during this pregnancy called Peripartum Cardiomyopathy. Instead of trying to explain there is an excellent explaination on this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripartum_cardiomyopathy I was in the hospital for about a week and a half between Labor and Delievery, the ER, the ICU and the heart and lung floor and Kate was in the NICU for 6 days. It was a huge blessing that they let us come home on the same day.
I am on the mend but still very, very weak. I would like to say thank you to everyone who has prayed for us and reached out to us during all of this.
I am forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for preserving my life as well as my beautiful daughter's. I will never forget the new infinite appreciation I have for my health and for simply feeling well. I know that even tho this was perhaps the most terrible experience of my life to date I was being blessed with small miracles along the way which have led me to be home with my beautiful children and husband today.
I would like to write down more of what happened so if I find the time and energy later I might do that.
Here are a few pictures of the swelling I had in my feet and legs. Shockingly enough I was WORSE than this, these pictures were taken about a month before I had the baby...

Miserable. I must have been poked at least 50 times while I was there.

NICU. First day. I didn't see this picture till after we got home. I don't think I could have handled it.
Me seeing her for the first time. I couldn't see her for three days.
By the time I was able to see her all of her tubes and IVs and all that stuff were off.
Corey was such a trooper, trying to be strong for me and the baby, but the whole thing was very hard on him as you can imagine.






8 comments:
Laurie! I just want to come give you a big hug! I can't believe you've been through all that! What a BEAUTIFUL little girl! I'm soooooo glad that you are all ok & home with your sweet family! Lots of love... .when you feel up to it, give me a call & I'll come see you!
PS, she was born on Sam's bday!!!
Oh my gosh Laurie, I had no idea you were dealing with all of that. I am so glad that you and your beautiful daughter are safe and healthy. She is beautiful! Congratulations!
Laurie, I love you. I am so sorry you have been going through all of this. I am sure it has been so difficult, not only physically but emotionally too. Please let me bring you dinner. Let me know.
xoxo
oh laurie i cant believe how much swelling you had i'm glad your feeling better and we cant wait to come meet kate love you guys.
so, so happy she is here and safe, and so happy you are okay too. lots of love to you and your fam.
I am so glad to know you are doing better and little Kate was able to come home with you. You all have been in my prayers. Lots of Love-
oh that sounds horrible Laurie. We had no idea, but are so happy to hear that the Lord has blessed your little family. Get well and so glad health is returning.
Post a Comment